Here is a barbecue man’s version of the classic.
Recipe from the NFL Gameday Cookbook
- End Zone Barbecue Rub, as needed (recipe below)
- ¼ fresh lemon
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces vodka
- 6 ounces chilled tomato juice
- 2 ounces your favorite barbecue sauce
- Celery stick, for garnish
- 1 cooked jumbo shrimp, for garnish
Lay the rub on a saucer large enough for rimming the glass. Wet the rim of a large glass with the lemon. Fill the glass two thirds of the way with ice. Add the vodka, tomato juice, barbecue sauce, and the juice from the ¼ lemon. Mix well. Put the celery stick in the glass and hang the shrimp on the rim.
Makes 1 serving